Postpartum Doula Skills Workshops
DONA Approved Postpartum Doula Trainer
PCD(DONA & NAPS), CD(PALS), CLE
Scroll down to find your closest location!
(Note: If you don't see a location near you,
consider sponsoring one!
Contact me for more information.)
Six-week Series Format!
Beginning 2013, this series format will only be
offered upon multiple requests.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
April 22, 23, 24 and 25, 2015
6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Jan Dowers, CD
For a flyer, click here.
DONA International Approved 27-Hour Postpartum Doula Skills Workshop
Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of the following:
- Physical and emotional adjustment of the birth mother following birth
- Newborn characteristics and care
- Breastfeeding basics
- Common breastfeeding difficulties and solutions
Completed the following postpartum doula workshop prerequisites (A and B) PRIOR to attending your DONA approved postpartum doula workshop:
A. Complete at least one (1) of the following and bring proof of it to the workshop:
1. Successful completion of one (1) of the following approved on-line study programs:
-- Lactation Education Resources - affordably priced Complete Self-Learning Program. Click here to learn more.
-- Breastfeeding Basics - free on-line independent study program. Click here for directions for accessing and registering for the program. NOTE: Choose Angie Dobbins-Frisbie course.
2. Breastfeeding Class Observation Form (PDF) confirming participation in a minimum three (3) hour breastfeeding workshop covering the basics of breastfeeding offered to birth and postpartum related professionals (preferred), such as those offered at conferences or in conjunction with DONA approved workshops. The workshop must be taught by an educator with recognized breastfeeding credentials (IBCLC, CLE, or CLC).
3. Proof of completion of lactation consultant, breastfeeding peer counselor or community breastfeeding educator training.
B. Read at least one (1) book from each of the following three categories from the Postpartum Doula Required Reading List (PDF):
1. Becoming a Mother
2. The Newborn
NOTE: One book may actually full fill two or more categories.